Search This Blog

Friday 22 June 2012

Martin Lewis and The Power to Change

When I changed fuel supplier many years ago, it was far from straightforward. A few months of incorrect bills, followed by a few months of no bills and then a few more months of errors, final demands and costly phonecalls put me right off the whole process. On many occasions since, I've honestly told a prospective new supplier, "I'm not interested in changing supplier, it may be cheaper but I can't be bothered with the hassle."

Eventually though, no amount of hassle would counter the Martin Lewis  factor. After years of getting his weekly Money Saving Expert emails, his face got to me. He looks so kind and supportive - like that new young teacher you once had who only wanted the best for you. Remember how he or she inspired you to do your best? Well I look at Martin's face and I feel like he's saying to me. "There's a recession on Mo, and you've got a family to think about. Are you absolutely sure you've done everything you can to save money?"

So, I consulted the Money Saving Expert site and clicked through to U-Switch. Bingo! Cheaper fuel, cash back and a case of wine? Don't mind if I do.

The switch hasn't completed yet, but the paper mountain has started arriving. So far seven letters from the original supplier, and five from the new. Phone calls as well, asking "Why are you leaving us?" but not going far enough to keep my business. I have yet to see whether this will go smoothly in the end and I don't know anyone who has made a smooth transition. Do you?




http://www.freeimages.co.uk/bitmaps/freeimagesuksmall.gif




No comments:

Post a Comment